Wednesday, October 28, 2009

For The Women in My Life

If anything good has come out of the ups and downs of my romantic road, it would be the friendships that have been strengthened during the pitfalls along this path. No matter where I am in my life I have some truly amazing friends who will always be there to pick me up, dust me off and tell me he never deserved me. I have both male and female friends who fulfill this role but for the purposes of this blog my focus is going to be on those of the female persuasion.

I think, as women, we concern ourselves too often with our romantic relationships and don’t take the time to realize how incredibly blessed we are. We dwell on what we don’t have in our love lives and neglect to realize that there are people who have proven time and again that they will love us unconditionally.

Our relationships with our women friends are very unique in that these people know who we truly are. We don’t lie to try to impress or play games with each other. We can stand in front of these individuals completely naked and vulnerable and not have to worry that we will be judged. These people have seen us fall apart over lesser men, elated over amazing men and have outlasted each and every one of them.

There was a time in my life when I ended a relationship with a friend because of things that happened with a former boyfriend of mine; the details are irrelevant at this point. As time passed I continued to miss this friend long after the memories of the ex faded. I decided to rekindle the friendship and I am happy that I did. Regardless of the men who enter and leave my life, the people who stick, the ones who really matter are the women I have surrounded myself with throughout it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment